Colonial School District Transportation Office
The Colonial School District has reviewed all stops for safety. All stops will remain the same, unless under further investigation the district along with other agencies determine that the bus stop is not safe. Please do not use this form to request a closer stop. This form is only for the request to review changes in conditions at a bus stop.
Instructions and Forms for School Transportation Change Request
To facilitate the process of filing and reviewing parent requests for changes in transportation service, the Colonial School District has established a series of procedural steps. The Transportation Administration Office and parents are required to follow the steps that are applicable to them. We have printed them here to ensure your understanding in the process. We ask your cooperation.
1. Requests for changes/additions of bus stops or routes shall be directed to the Transportation Administration Office IN WRITING. Please use the "The Transportation Change Request Form" links at the bottom of these instructions.
For your convenience, there are two versions of the Transportation Request form. The first request form is a PDF document and can be saved or printed out for your records and then mailed, faxed or emailed as directed below. The second form is an interactive form which can be filled out and transmitted directly to the Transportation Office. An automatic confirmation of the form’s content will be sent to your e-mail address that you supply on the form.
- Mail: Colonial School District Transportation Office
Attention: Parent Request Department
230 Flourtown Rd
Plymouth Meeting PA 19462
2. Upon receipt of the request, the Transportation Administration Office will provide a notification by email or by telephone regarding the approximate timeline for reviewing the request. When a request includes multiple families in a development, the notification will be provided to the first party listed on the request.
- The timeline for the review may be based on the time of year that the request is received. For example, based on the high volume of requests in the first 4-6 weeks of school, a much longer period of time will be needed before a review is completed. Since the beginning of the school year is the busiest time for the transportation office, your request may be delayed up to 7 weeks.
- The timeline may be based on the complexity of the request. Issues impacting the complexity include the number of site observations, the amount of research required, and the number of outside agencies involved.
3. The Transportation Administration Office will provide an update to the parent/guardian by phone or email if the investigation is not completed within the estimated timeline.
4. At the conclusion of the review, and if the request is approved, the Transportation Administration Office shall provide instructions about any bus service changes to the parent/guardian by phone or email. Implementation of the change shall generally occur within the 5-day waiting period of the approval. If a large number of parents are impacted by the change (such as revised bus stop times), the new service may take longer than 5 days.
5. At the conclusion of the review, and if the request is denied, the Transportation Administration Office will provide a written response to the parent/guardian.
Change Request Form (PDF Format) Change Request Form (Automated Format)